Sunday, September 19, 2010

First luncheon results

Here are the brownies I made - my first attempt ever and they actually came out great! The smell of cocoa permeated throughout the house. The taste was sensational...YUMMY!



Next was some chewy chocolate and caramel biscuits - these although easier to make the mixture, were a lot more difficult to make. Getting them to cook in the right shape took a few attempts and the caramel tended to explode a bit more than I hoped. I will need to work on them again and their presentation. The taste was great though!!



Ok enough of the sweet stuff, I chose to opt for a basic salad. I went with rocket, fennel, parmesan and pinenuts. I used a red wine balsamic vinegar to give it a little extra bite! Seemed to go down well with everyone :)



The main dish was a Duo cheese penne pasta bake - I used ricotta for the middle and a cheddar for the top layer. I mixed with sundried tomatoes and wholegrain mustard. I also added some fresh chives throughout. I garnished with some cherry tomatoes. It came out beautifully. Will definitely be making it on a regular basis!





So there you have it - didn't do so bad afterall.

Until the next cook off....

No comments:

Post a Comment